Followers

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tears





Tears

After all these years,
All I have to show for is tears.
I wanted to be with you for life,
Me being your wife.


Isn’t that nice?
No. Not at all.
You were sweet and neat.

But something dreadful happened.


I don’t know what but this is really bad luck.
It’s like I’m in love all by myself,

After this relationship, I fear I’m all that’s going to be left.


Tears pour down my cheeks,
Like leaks
In the wall.
This relationship is a bridge that will soon fall.



©2011 By Dominique D. All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Read them all and this one is my FAVORITE! I love everything about this poem from the metaphors, to the rythmes, and even the tone!!!! The imagery is perfect, and the emotion is definitely THERE!!!! LOVE IT!!! My fav...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Was The First One, I Got Published! It's One Of My Favs Too ! ღ

      Delete
  2. TRENATI STOP GETTING HERE BEFORE I DO! Nikki this poem is AWESOME. I would publish it. This is type of writing that gets adults to read your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Actually This One Is Already Published In A Celebration Of Poets. . . ღ But thank you babes ! (:

      Delete